Send Me Your Tape List
I'm reading Lonn Friend's book Life On Planet Rock about his Rock 'N Roll adventures as executive editor of RIP magazine.
In the chapter on Guns 'N Roses he mentions a guy named Del James. James was RIP's senior editor as well as Axl Rose's close friend. According to the book, James was Axl's "errand boy, shrink, creative coconspirator" who co-wrote the GNR songs 'The Garden' and 'Yesterdays' and had something to do with the 'November Rain' video. Friend says that "If the real Axl Rose story is ever written Del will compose it. No one else could."
I recognized the name.
Eleven years ago, during the early days of the Internet, I traded tapes with Del James for the better part of 1995... Marilyn Manson demos, New York Dolls, Thin Lizzy, old Aerosmith.. He tried to get me into the Electric Hellfire Club and sent me an early Rock City Angels demo.
I had no idea who he was until now.